Ingredients (1 serving)
- 3 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (see Tip)
- 5 cooked peeled shrimp, (31-40 per pound)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons light blue cheese dressing
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, egg and shrimp in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss with dressing and serve.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
- Serving size: 1 salad
- Per serving: 237 calories; 13 g fat(3 g sat); 4 g fiber; 13 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 244 mcg folate; 273 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 13,391 IU vitamin A; 18 mg vitamin C; 121 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 735 mg sodium; 735 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (268% daily value), Folate (61% dv), Vitamin C (30% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat